Fun fitness for Everyone!
Our Indoor Climbing Wall was installed in 2018, and is the only one in Shetland, this makes it the most northerly climbing wall in the UK! The wall consists of 9 roped lines, with around 36 routes in total.
The main wall is up to 7.5m high x 11m long, and features a variety of vertical and overhanging sections. The routes cover everything from a child friendly grade 3 to a challenging grade 7. For a small wall, it’s packed full of features which will appeal to new and experienced climbers alike.
All lines are equipped for top roped climbing, but there are also in-situ quickdraws on every line if you want to use them for lead climbing with your own rope.
All the equipment you need is available for hire:
- Two sizes of adult harnesses from 20” waist to 50”, additional chest harnesses, and childrens full- body harness.
- Climbing shoes from adult size 1 (feel more like child size 10!) to 13.
- Karabiners and belay plates
In addition, two different sizes of adjustable climbing helmets are available for any climber who wants to use one.
In addition to top-rope climbing, there is also a small 3m high 18m2 boulder and traverse area with 300mm matting which doesn’t need a rope or harness to use. This includes a 40 degree circuit board set with a variety of boulder problems using standard Moon ™ holds.
There is also a tiered viewing area for spectators.
What’s on offer during Centre Opening Hours:
- Roped Climbing
- Lead climbing on in-situ quick-draws
- 40 degree circuit board with Moon ™ holds
- Bouldering and traverse area with 300mm matting
- Scheduled public climbing
- Come when you please public climbing
- Taster and come and try sessions
- Under 8s courses
- Over 8s courses
- Induction courses for new climbers
- Refresher and improver sessions
- Party bookings for adults and bairns
- Gear hire
The centre uses climbing instructors who are also members of Climb Shetland: http://www.climbshetland.co.uk/
For more information give us a call on 01595 807713 or e-mail email@example.com