SRT General Rules & Regulations @ South Mainland
- These rules and regulations apply to all Trust facilities.
- All persons entering the premises and using the facilities do so at their own risk.
- Only shoes with non-marking soles will be permitted on the sports hall floors.
- The consumption of food and beverages not purchased on the premises will not be allowed except with the prior permission of a staff member.
- Glass containers of any description will not be allowed into any tiled area or playing surface.
- Chewing gum is not allowed within the facility and should be deposited in the nearest suitable rubbish bin.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the facility including outdoor sporting facilities with no exceptions. This also applies to the use of electronic cigarettes.
- No person shall be allowed to place, attach or suspend any poster or sign on the inside or outside of the facility without first obtaining permission from a staff member.
- No equipment will be stored in the facility unless permission has been obtained from a member of staff.
- Members of the public must not enter any store without permission from a member of staff.
- No keys, equipment, apparatus or any other item belonging to the Trust shall be removed without the permission of a staff member.
- Customers are requested not to enter the hired area until the area has been fully set up. We will make every effort to ensure the activity is set up as quickly as possible. Customers are reminded however that some time may be lost at the start of a period of use due to setting up time.
- The use of Trust facilities for commercial gain is subject to the prior approval of the General Manager.
- Payment must be made at point of booking.
- You can move a casual booking either in person or by telephone as long as you give at least 6 hours’ notice.
Photographs/Video and other Filming
- Photography/video and other forms of filming shall not take place without the permission of a staff member.
- Children under six years of age must be accompanied at all times by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age whilst in the facility.
- Pre-school children are not permitted in sporting activity halls except to attend activities specifically for that age group.
- With the exception of guide dogs, animals will not be admitted.
- The staff may refuse admission to any person or require any person to leave the facility. The Manager also reserves the right to decline any application to use any area of the facility.
In the Event of an Emergency
- All customers must follow the guidance of staff on duty.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs shall be taken into the facility and any person found doing so will be expelled. Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to remain in the facility.
- Customers should at all times adhere to the instructions issued by any member of staff.
- All customers are expected to behave in a polite and orderly manner in all areas of the facility. Disruptive and abusive conduct will not be tolerated, for example:
- running, pushing, disruptive or offensive behaviour;
- shouting, swearing or offensive language.
- Vandalism to premises, property or equipment will always be dealt with and the Trust reserves the right to claim compensation for any damage caused.
Possessions, Changing and Lockers
- All clothing and personal belongings should be placed in lockers and not left in cubicles or changing rooms. The Trust will not accept responsibility for personal belongings not secured in lockers.
- Clothing including swimwear must be clean and suitable for public use.
- Other than children under six, no person may enter any group changing area or other part of the facility reserved for members of the opposite sex.
- Young children should not be dressed or undressed in the spectator/corridor areas but should use the changing areas provided.
- The changing of nappies must only take place in the appropriate nappy changing areas.
- Any item of lost property found on the premises must be handed to Reception. Unclaimed items will be forwarded to charity after 28 days.
- Children under 8 years old must be accompanied into the swimming pool by a responsible person who is aged 16 years or over (for details of responsible person to child ratios please contact reception). Children aged 8 years and over may attend the swimming pool unaccompanied.
- Weak or non-swimmers of any age should wear approved swimming aids, staying within their depth preferably with a suitable helper.
- Diving will only be permitted where indicated and where the water depth is greater than 1.5 metres. Swimmers should adhere to the “no diving” signs and always check the water area is clear of other users.
- Masks, hand paddles, flippers and snorkels must not be worn during general public swimming sessions. Any equipment worn must meet British safety standards.
- Swimmers must not venture into dry areas until dressed, and similarly those not swimming cannot go onto poolside without permission from a staff member.
- Swimming in nappies or waterproof pants is not permitted.
- The Shetland Recreational Trust adopts a positive view regarding breastfeeding. However, breastfeeding is not encouraged in the actual pool water itself.
- Any complaint in respect of the use of the facilities or any of the arrangements connected therewith shall in the first instance be discussed with a member of staff. Any concern/complaint not resolved at this time may be put in writing to the facility manager.