Our facilities are re-opening to you on 14 September 2020Where can I do this?
It seems a long time ago now, back to the 17 March 2020 since you’ve been able to access the Shetland Recreational Trust facilities. Good news is on the horizon however with the 1st phase of re-opening indoor facilities taking place on Monday 14 September.
We’ve missed all our customers and are delighted to be in a position to welcome you back. Our opening will be phased and will follow all the Government, SportScotland and leisure industry guidance to ensure your return is as safe as possible, so please be patient as we move through the phases and guidance available. During the last five months we’ve had to adhere to the guidance along with many and have only had a small team be able to access the facilities but in recent months our efforts have been totally focussed on making our sites as safe as possible.
We’ve reviewed all our practises and procedures to take into account the risk from Covid-19 and this means things will look a little different from the last time you used our facilities. What we do promise is that we’re keen to deliver a diverse range of activities to allow you to access your fitness needs.
What facilities will open on the 14 September 2020?
- Clickimin Leisure Complex (excluding Health Suite)
- Unst Leisure Centre
- Yell Leisure Centre
- Whalsay Leisure Centre
- North Mainland Leisure Centre
- West Mainland Leisure Centre (excluding Health Suite)
- Scalloway Pool
The pool at South Mainland will temporarily remain closed. We will provide an update on its re-opening in the coming weeks.
What activities can I do?
The detail of what is available at each facility will be added to our social media channels and website over the coming week.
We anticipate having Swimming Pools, Gyms, Studio Classes, Games Hall, Squash Courts Climbing Wall and Bowls Hall all available from 14 September.
Current guidance restricts us from opening Steam Rooms, Saunas and Spa Pools.
When can I book an activity?
The booking system will be live on our website from 12noon on Thursday 10 September 2020. Bookings can be made on our website from then or over the phone with your local centre once our staff return on 14 September 2020.
What will the changes be?
Things will look different from your previous use. Guidance is changing all the time and we must react to that guidance to ensure you are attending a clean, safe environment. We’ve reviewed all our procedures and cleaning schedules but we’ll require you to assist us in ensuring the facility is safe. The health and safety of our customers is paramount to the Shetland Recreational Trust.
A summary of changes
- All activity must be pre-booked and paid for before arrival. You will not be able to enter any facility without a booking. Bookings can be made on our website or over the phone with your local centre.
- Some activities are now timetabled to stagger session start times, reducing large numbers arriving at the same time.
- We are operating a cashless system and accept contactless payment at reception desks.
- We have access/egress arrangements and route maps for all our sites which must be adhered to when attending activities.
- We have cleaning stations for sanitising hands prior to entry and also around our sites so you can maintain good hand hygiene.
- Capacities have been reduced for activities to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- Changing and showering facilities may not be available throughout our facilities.
- No hire equipment or pool equipment available. You must bring your own or purchase from our reception shop.
How can you help?
- Anyone feeling ill or showing signs of Covid-19 should not attend any of our sites and follow the NHS guidelines to report.
- Follow guidance on social distancing by staying apart and paying attention to signage and floor markings throughout our centres.
- A face covering is required in communal areas, except where an exemption applies (as defined in the legislation). Face coverings are not required whilst participating in exercise.
- Arrive ready for your activity and bring everything you need (water bottle etc).
- Keep left as you move between areas of the building.
- Use the cleaning stations upon entry and prior to and after your activity/session.
- Clean equipment before and after use with the products provided.
Prior to us opening there’s a few things you could do to make sure you can access us from day one.
- Make sure you know your online login details and password.
- Keep an eye on our website and your local facility’s social media for opening hours, activities available and session/activity times.
- Check you’ve got everything you need for your activities (water bottles, swimsuits etc).
Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for professionals
During COVID-19, it is important that we all follow advice given out by the government and the NHS. Please see the below links for the NHS advice for professionals.